The following terms and conditions (the “Rules”) apply exclusively to the Competitions noted herein, subject to competition specific terms and conditions. All Participants are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the same.
- This Promotional Competition (“Competition”) is organised by Shift South (Pty) Limited trading as “SweepSouth” (“Promoter”).
- The Competition is open to all persons over the age of 18 (eighteen) years, in possession of a valid form of identification (such as Identity Document or Passport), who utilise the SweepSouth platform in South Africa (“Participants”). The Competition is specifically not open to:
- any person who is directly or indirectly involved or associated with the control of the Promoter or is controlled by the Promoter;
- an employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of the Promoter;
- an employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of the Promoter’s advertising agencies, advisers, dealers and suppliers
- an employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of SweepSouth, its affiliates and/or associated companies; and
- immediate family members of any of the persons mentioned in paragraphs above.
- By entering the Competition, all Participants and Winners agree to be bound by these Rules. Any dispute or uncertainty, of any nature, in relation to the Competition and the Rules, shall be decided and resolved by the Promoter, in its sole and absolute discretion, whose decision shall be final and binding on all affected or related persons. The Promoter expressly reserves the right at any time and without notice to the Participants or any other persons, and for any reason which the Promoter reasonably deems necessary or appropriate, in its sole and absolute discretion, to (i) amend, modify, or change these Rules and/or any prizes and (ii) postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and/or any prizes, or any aspect thereof.
- To enter the competition all entrants must comply with the competition by submitting the details as requested. Entries will be considered incomplete and thus disqualified if the entrant does not provide all requested information
- The Competition is only valid within South Africa where SweepSouth is available. Participants must be within South Africa at the time of entering the Competition, for the verification process and at the time the Prizes are being awarded should they be declared a Winner, failing which such person will be disqualified or ineligible and the draw for a replacement entry shall take place under the same terms and conditions as the first draw.
- By entering the Competition, the Participants agree that SweepSouth and its affiliates (including the Promoter, the Promoter’s advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, partners and suppliers) may contact the Participants to deliver marketing communications regarding their products and promotional activities.
- By entering into the Competition, the Participants agree that, should they be declared a Winner, SweepSouth, and its affiliates (including the Promoter, the Promoter’s advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, partners and suppliers) may contact the Winners via telephone call and/or email to inform them that they have won a Prize and that their names will be published. SweepSouth and its affiliates, including the Promoter shall treat any personal information collected from the Participants and Winners in accordance with the company’s privacy notice.
- The Promoter may require the Winners to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or to appear in other marketing and promotional channels, including social media posts, when accepting their Prize or after having received their Prize. The Promoter may use the identification of the Winners and their images in whole or in part, and any reproductions thereof, worldwide for advertising, promotion, publicity or otherwise on any website for any media purpose and for any other lawful purpose whatsoever. Should a Winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such a Winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and it shall revert to the Promoter.
- If any entry was made in a manner which in the Promoter’s discretion provides the Participant with an unfair advantage over other entries, entrants or Participants, such a Participant will be disqualified from this and all future competitions run by the Promoter.
- When the same competition is offered across different titles during the same month, an individual may enter the competition through the platform, but will only be awarded one prize should the individual be selected through the random draw, or any other criteria as deemed necessary or communicated by the Promoter as a winner for the same competition.
- Winners will be contacted via a telephone call using the mobile number on their SweepSouth profile. If a Winner does not answer the telephone call by 12h00 SAST, the Winner will then be contacted via email.
- The Winner must confirm their acceptance of the Prize within 24 hours of receiving the telephone call (should they have answered) or email, whichever is sooner. If no response was received by the Promoter within this time period or if the Winner does not accept the Prize, the Winner will forfeit the Prize, and the Promoter, in its sole and absolute discretion may award the Prize to another Participant, after following the same process explained in paragraph above, or declare that the Competition be closed with no Winner.
- After Winners have been selected, verified, and confirmed in accordance with these Competition Rules, Winners will receive their Prize by electronic means.
- Once a Winner has received a Prize, ownership of and risk in and benefit attached to the Prize will be passed on to the Winner immediately.
- The Prize is neither transferable nor redeemable in cash.
- The winners of this competition shall be chosen in accordance with the requirements and procedures of the Consumer Protection Act of 2008. The prize(s) will go to the first name(s) selected after the closing date.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize with any other prize of equal value to the prize/s offered herein, at its sole discretion.
- The decision of the Promoter is final, and the Promoter shall not enter any correspondence about the result and entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- Any breach of the terms and conditions may, at the Promoter’s absolute discretion, result in the forfeiture of any prize.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any disruption to the competition, whether due to technical problems or otherwise, which is beyond its reasonable control. In the event of any disruption to the competition the Promoter shall use its reasonable endeavors to remedy any disruption and resume the competition on a fair and equitable basis to the entrants.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrants if they do not respond to a telephone call and e-mail to them within 5 days of notification thereof and in such a selected replacement entrant from the competition entries will be chosen.
- In such circumstances, the replacement entrant shall be contacted by the Promoter by telephone and e-mailed as soon as reasonably practicable and shall be required to respond to the Promoter in the manner set out in such e-mail.
- If the replacement entrant fails to respond to the Promoter as required then the provisions of this clause shall apply to that new winner in the same way as if they were an original winner.
- Unclaimed prizes will not be resent. The Promoter reserves the right to redistribute all unclaimed prizes.
PERSONAL DATA, PRIVACY AND CONDIFENTIALITY
- All participants to any of the Promoters competitions agree that:
- The Promoter and its affiliates collect and will use your personal data to enable your participation in this competition and related online activities. This is solely for the purpose of (potentially) winning in a competition as well as our own legitimate commercial interests. The storage and use of your personal data always occurs in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations. Your personal data will be available exclusively for the Promoter’s, its affiliates and subsidiaries’ marketing purposes and, by participating in the competition, you expressly consent to the transfer, storage, and processing of the data in South Africa. The Promoter keeps the data to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
- The Promoter will not use your (the entrants) information for a different purpose without first asking permission to do so. The Promoter may, however, share the entrant’s personal information with any of its subsidiaries worldwide, or with authorized third parties.
- The Promoter does not allow third parties to use your (the entrants) personal information for a different purpose.
- The entrants hereby consent to their personal information being utilised as indicated above and as described in the Protection of Personal Information Act No.4 of 2013.
- The Promoter treats all information collected as confidential. All information is collected by specifically requesting it from you, this occurs when you enter the competition. Use of information is collected on the site. The Promoter wants to help you maintain your privacy on the Internet. The Promoter will treat your information in total confidence and will only share your information with our affiliates, investors, alliance partners and agents and will not sell, share, or rent this information to any other third parties. The information which the Promoter collects from you may be used for a variety of reasons, such as establishing the general demographics, statistics, or market information or to compile a broad profile of visitors who engage with the Promoter.
OWNERSHIP AND PUBLICITY
- The Promoter does not claim ownership of your submission to the competition; but by submitting an entry, you are granting the Promoter as well as its affiliated companies the following worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, unconditional, fully paid-up rights: to publish your name or alias in connection with this competition and your contributions.
- The promoter reserves the right to publish the name(s), photograph(s) and/or associated information submitted by the entrant(s).
- By providing a submission, you grant the Promoter and its affiliated companies the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name for competition purposes in promoting or publicising the competition, including the right to name the winner(s) of the prize(s) in public.
- The Promoter, however, does not have any obligation to use the winning entries for any purpose.
- The winner/s hereby agrees to allow the Promoter’s, to require the winner/s (at no fee) to be identified and a photograph/s taken and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television, and various online channels when accepting their prize(s).
- Details of the winner/s may also be announced on the Promoter’s website and / or social media platform and any other media properties that it chooses. The Promoter, acting, retains the right to delay the timing of the publication of the winners of the competition.
- By entering this, the Promoter reserves the right to communicate with you at any given time during and after the campaign and you may opt out or de-register at any time.
- You may automatically be added to the Promoter’s mailing list and the Promoter could notify you of new services or specials which may be of interest to you.
- From time to time the Promoter may e-mail you information about the Promoter’s or our partners, if you do not wish to receive this e-mail you can opt out as provided for in the e-mail.
- All Participants and the Winner indemnify the Promoter, it’s advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, partners, suppliers and SweepSouth, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in and/or use of any Prize in any way whatsoever in relation to this Competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoter and/or use of the Prize).
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition at any time.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for entries not received because they have been lost, or not received due to interrupted internet connections or miscommunications, or other electronic malfunctions.
- Any entries found to be duplicate or fraudulent will result in the entrant being excluded from the competition.
- By participating, all entrants release the Promoter, its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees, and all entities associated with the development and execution of this competition from all liability with respect to and in any way arising from participation in this competition, acceptance, or use of prizes.
- Entrants also agree that the Promoter, its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees, and all entities associated with the development and execution of this competition are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s device related to or resulting from the competition, the submission and/or its prizes.
- Therefore, if you enter this competition, you agree not to hold the Promoter or any associated parties of the Promoter liable for any loss or injury you may suffer because of entering this competition.
- The Promoter is not liable for damage to a user’s device system (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed, or corrupted data or other malfunction) due, either directly or indirectly, to an entrant’s participation in the competition or downloading of information in connection with the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify or cancel the competition if any portion of any website and / or social media platform used to administer any aspect of the competition becomes technically corrupted.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, device online systems, servers, or providers, device equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website and / or social media platform, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the entrant’s or any other person’s device relating to or resulting from participation in this competition or downloading any materials in this competition.
- Entrants agree that the Promoter and its subsidiaries (The Promoter included), as well as the Promoter’s Corporation’s or its subsidiaries’ advertising and competition agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever, and will be held harmless by winner(s) for any injuries, losses or costs or damage of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize or parts thereof, or from participation in this competition.
- The Promoter’s entire liability and your sole and exclusive remedy will be limited to a distribution of the equivalent number of prizes as set forth above. By participating in the competition, you waive all rights to bring any claim or action related to such matters in any forum.
RIGHT TO AMEND THIS POLICY
The Promoter reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any given time and without notice.